This is a work in progress so keep following this post. I’m building my Shopify Node Apps by following the instructions from Shopify found at this link – Shopify App with Node and React the shopify node serve command starts a local development server that uses the Ngrok service to create a secure tunnel (HTTPS) between your computer and Shopify.
Here are the steps I followed on a Windows 10 computer.
Note: the commands you need to use will depend on your OS Platform
Also this is not yet a finished project so these steps are still unproven but we will get it working soon.
- My notes along the way!
- Installed Node JS = v14.18.1 (node -v)
- npm = 6.14.15 (npm -v)
- Installed via RubyInstaller for Windows with Devkit
- Ruby Command Prompt c:> gem install shopify-cli
- shopify version = 2.6.5 (as of this time)
- shopify node create
- app name = test-app24
- Change directories to your new project folder c:\test-app24>
- C:\test-app24>shopify node serve
- Everything tested good on development store
- close application
- Deployment method to Heroku in this case is GitHub
- create a new free account on Heroku
- create new node app called test-app24
- login to GitHub
- create new repository named test-app24 in GitHub
- from terminal again in the c:\test-app24 directory
- my commands use the SSH keys that I setup in GitHub
- git init
- git add .
- git commit -m “first commit”
- git remote add origin email@example.com:remotetech/test-app24.git
- git push -u origin master
- now all your app files have been pushed to GitHub repo
- In Heroku under deploy chose connect to GitHub
- connect test-app24
- choose branch to deploy master
- enable automatic deploys
- click deploy branch
- Connect app with your Github repo/branch (it may take a minute or two to load)
- Place your SHOPIFY_API_KEY and SHOPIFY_API_SECRET_KEY and SCOPES in your Heroku app’s Config Vars located in Settings.
- Update your Shopify App Urls with your live Heroku app link (https://example-app.herokuapp.com/) and (https://example-app.herokuapp.com/auth/callback)
Come back soon as we will complete this!
James (Tech Support)
Get Pixel Conversions API on the – Shopify App Store
P.S. your 5 star experience is our goal.
Thanks again from all of us here at Pixel Conversions API
And remember we are always here for you